2. The Information We Collect and When We Collect it
When you carry out any interactions with us, including signing up for our newsletter or to our updates, making any donations in our name, or applying for a job or internships with us, may collect personal information from you in order for us to be able to enable or process these interactions. These interactions may be through this website, our social media handles, or in any other manner. The kinds of personal information collected are:
- Your name;
- Your email and mailing address, including city, state, pin code and country of residence;
- Your telephone/mobile number;
- Your date of birth;
- Your nationality;
- Your PAN card or passport details; and
- Any other data as required.
We may also collect sensitive personal information, such as your health information pertaining to your physical, physiological or mental health condition, or your sexual orientation. Such information is collected through other mediums of your interaction with us and not through our website. We will obtain written consent from you prior to the collection of your sensitive personal information. Any sensitive personal information collected in accordance with this Policy will be collected and retained by us.
3. The Uses of Information
We collect your personal information only when it is necessary for one or more of the following purposes:
- To update you and share news with you about MSUBBU.ACADEMY, our campaigns, happenings and developments through newsletters and bulletins. We provide you with an option to unsubscribe from the same.
- To make sure we keep and maintain an accurate record of the donations we receive.
- To find out more about you and the people who are visiting our website, donating or joining our cause.
- If you are an employee, a job applicant, a former employee, an intern, or a contingent worker, we collect your information in accordance with your employment contract. We use this Privileged and Confidential information for human resources, personnel management, administering compensation and benefits, training, etc.
- To provide you a better experience.
4. Your Rights in relation to your Information
You have the following rights under this Policy:
- Right of Access, Modification and Deletion – You can access your personal information at any time to review any personal information that you have supplied. You may modify any personal information that has been found to be inaccurate during this review. You may also request the deletion of any sensitive personal information that you have provided to us, by sending an email to the Grievance Officer mentioned below.
- Right to Withdraw Consent – Please note you have the right to withdraw your consent prior to the collection and processing of your sensitive personal information or at any time thereafter by sending us a written communication to this effect.
5. Security and Confidentiality
We have adopted sufficient security standards to protect the confidentiality and security of your information.
To protect and ensure the confidentiality of your payment information, we use trusted and highly secured payment service providers to process any donations on our website. We do not have access to your payment data which is collected and processed only by such payment service providers.
6. Disclosures and Transfer
Except as described in this Policy, we will not disclose your information to third parties without your consent, and in the manner detailed in this Policy. We may disclose information to third parties only if you consent to us doing so, as well as in the following circumstances:
- For availing services from third party service provides – Your information may be shared with third party service providers, such as payment gateways or payment service providers, as described under this Policy.
- When you publicly post the information – You may choose to tag us or post reviews, questions, comments or any other content on our social media handles. This may include your personal information such as your name and username.
- When we collaborate with third parties to provide or improve our website – We may work with third parties to provide website and application development, hosting, maintenance, and other services for us. These third parties may have access to or process information about you as part of providing those services for us. Generally, we limit the information provided to these service providers to that which is reasonably necessary for them to perform their functions, and we require them to agree to maintain the confidentiality of such information.
- If necessary to protect and safeguard certain interests – We also reserve the right to disclose information about you that we believe, in good faith, is appropriate or necessary to (i) take precautions against liability, (ii) protect ourselves or others from fraudulent, abusive, or unlawful uses or activity, (iii) investigate and defend ourselves against any third-party claims or allegations, or (iv) protect our property or other legal rights (including, but not limited to, enforcement of our agreements), or the rights, property, or safety of others.
- For legal reasons – We may disclose your information if required to do so by law or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with applicable laws, in response to a court order, judicial or other government subpoena or warrant, or to otherwise cooperate with law enforcement or other governmental agencies.
7. External Web Services
Information collected through third-party web beacons and buttons is collected directly by these third parties, and not by MSUBBU.ACADEMY. Information collected by a third-party in this manner is subject to that third party’s own data collection, use, and disclosure policies. This Policy does not apply to such third parties and their collection and processing of your information.
MSUBBU.ACADEMY is not expressly or impliedly responsible for, or liable to any loss or damage caused to a user by the collection, use and retention of personal information by such third party in any manner whatsoever. It is important that you review the privacy policies of all third party websites you visit before disclosing any information.
A cookie is a small text file containing a string of alphanumeric characters (numbers and letters). These will be placed in the hard disk of your computer and enable us to recognize you when you visit our website again. You can configure your browser settings to respond to cookies in a manner you deem fit. For example, you may want to accept all cookies, reject them all or get notified when a cookie is sent.
9. Amendments to this Policy
We may revise this Policy from time to time. We may not be able to separately notify you of the revisions each time that we make them. Therefore, we encourage you to check this page and our website periodically for modifications or revisions to the Policy to understand how it affects the use of your information. We may provide you notice of any material amendments to this Policy, as appropriate, and update the “Last Modified” date at the top of this Policy.
10. Grievance Officer
If you have any concerns or questions in relation to this Policy, you may address them to our Grievance Officer whose name and address are as follows:
Updated: 5 May 2021